WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY
The services are free of charge, but you do need a library card to borrow from the library. Visit the library and ask for a library card (Please note that you need to bring your ID or passport).
The library offers:
- Books in many languages, for both children and adults.
- Newspapers and magazines in many languages, in print and digital.
- Order books. If you don´t find books in a specific language we can in most cases order from other libraries.
- DVDs and online films (Viddla).
- Computers, printing and copying (with a fee). Computers must be booked at the front desk.
- Digital meeting/study room ”Mötesboda” which you have to book in advance.
To reserve books and/or borrow E-books online, you may obtain a temporary library card by filling out the "Apply for a library card" -form.
- Audio books and e-books in many languages at Emmaboda bibliotek or at Världens bibliotek.
- With your library card and pin code you may access local and international newspapers and magazines on
LOANS & FEES
Normally, the loan period for books and other items is 28 days. Materials can be renewed on or before the due date. They cannot be renewed if there is a waiting list. Please note that if you do not return your borrowed material in time, you will be charged with an overdue fine.
Fines & Fees
Dvd: 500 kr
Interlibrary loans (Fjärrlån): 500 kr
Adult books: 300 kr
Children’s books: 200 kr
Pocket- paperbacks: 100 kr
Magazines: 50 kr