All the libaries in Emmaboda are open again as of March 1st 2021, with the following restrictions.
- The library is still not a meeting place.
- Sitting is not allowed in the premises, except short intervals by the computers.
- The library staff is not allowed to help you.
- Be quick with your errands. Each visitor is allowed 15 minutes in the premises.
- The maximum number of visitor for each library is limited*
- Return your books in the assigned return chutes (in Swedish, bokinkast.)
- Use the self-service machine at the library in Emmaboda. You can use it both to loan and to return your books.
- No late fees will be applied during the pandemic.
* Emmaboda: 8, Boda: 2, Johansfors: 4, Lindås: 3, Långasjö: 2 and Vissefjärda: 5.
WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY
The library can offer you books in several languages. If you feel that we do not have enough books in your language, or if there is a specific book that you are looking for, we can, most of the time, order these books from other libraries, such as the International Library in Stockholm.
The services are free of charge, but you do need a library card to borrow books and other materials from the library. You can easily get a library card by visiting the library front-desk and ask for one (Please note that you need to bring your ID or passport). To reserve books and/or borrow E-books, you may obtain a temporary library card by filling out the "Apply for a library card" -form.
Normally, the loan period for books and other items is 28 days. Materials can be renewed on or before the due date. They cannot be renewed if there is a waiting list. Please note that if you do not return your borrowed material in time, you will be charged with an overdue fine.
Fines & Fees
Dvd: 500 kr
Interlibrary loans (Fjärrlån): 500 kr
Adult books: 300 kr
Children’s books: 200 kr
Pocket- paperbacks: 100 kr
Magazines: 50 kr
The library offers:
Books in many languages, for both children and adults.
Newspapers and magazines in different languages, in paper and digital. With your library card and pin code you may access popular newspapers and magazines from more than 100 countries and in 60 different languages digitaly through Pressreader.
DVDs and online films (Viddla).
Computers, printing (from a computer) and copying (see prices). Please book a computer at the front desk.
If you have recently arrived in Sweden, please note that you will find useful information about Sweden on the website Information om Sverige.
Please don´t hesitate to ask if you have any questions about our services.
Telephone number: 0471-24 92 00